Sunday, May 6, 2012

Week 27 & 28

I was getting ready to make week 28's update video when I realized I missed last week!  DOH!  With all that's been happening, it doesn't surprise me at all.  Things have been insanely busy around the house.

Two major pieces of news are that I sold my Ramcharger and then bought a 2001 Jeep Cherokee.  It's a bit more practical than the Ramcharger and it is a nice ride.  Being 11 years newer, it's in much better shape overall.  The other benefit is that Lindsay can drive it too, which makes her feel better.  I had gone over to Jeff's house to help him move and took the car.  Lindsay couldn't go anywhere because it dang near takes two people to load kids in the Ramcharger and then there's this whole thing about her not being able to see over the dash board.  So I'm happy with the Jeep, but more importantly, Lindsay is happy too.  Besides, I think this Jeep fits my smaller, lighter, faster, stronger lifestyle change anyway.

Yesterday, Lindsay and I were able to get out of the house without our kids.  Our normal sitter was able to come over and watch them on Saturday.  I am grateful.  I so needed to get away from everything for a few ours.  Lindsay and my buddy Kevin came with me to blow up some beer cans and shoot little holes in paper.  Prior to that, we met our good friends Amy and Darren at Shari's and had a nice adults only breakfast.  It was sort of odd because we didn't have kids with us.  We almost didn't know how to act.  Needless to say, it was a nice time to reconnect with friends and talk about adult stuff.

To date, I've lost 68 lbs.  I would have lost more, but I actually think I gained weight in the last couple of weeks.  Like I said, I've been stressed to the max.  Apparently, one of my ways of dealing with stress is to eat.  It's not fast food or too much food; it's candy.  It's been especially bad since Easter because there has just been a ton of it around lately.  Me + Stress + candy = you know what.  So I still need to work on that a bit.  On the flip side, I made sure to get back into good habits and pack my lunch everyday this week.  I'm sure that helped out considerably because I only ate the contents of my lunch box each day, which typically includes a couple bananas, a couple turkey sandwiches, some lite yougurt, sugar-free pudding, and crispy apple chips.  I also mix in some Crystal Light packets for my bottled water, which takes the edge off my sweet tooth.

All in all, I'm glad I broke the 250 lb barrier.  I can now say I weigh less than 250 lbs.  I'm going to do my best to get to 240 by the end of May.  It's going to be difficult, but right now I'm sort of in a holding pattern until some other people can get ahold of me.  I plan on relieving some of my stress at the gym.



-James

No comments:

Post a Comment